Bring out your inner sailor! Port d’Armor has sheltered deep-water berthing that allow sea trips in all tides.
Sailing adventures on an historic wooden boat
With Sensation Nautique
Ahoy there! Climb aboard an authentic lobster fishing boat from 1947, and begin a voyage around Northern Brittany’s scenic coastline.
Along the way, try your hand at traditional sailing, learning the ropes, so to speak, as you weigh anchor, hoist the main sail, and perhaps even take the helm, following the orders of Christophe, the skipper. Sensation Nautique offer afternoon sails, sunset sails, and an assortment of others.
- From April to September - Booking required
- Experience duration : 2 to 3 hours
- Introduction to traditional seamanship techniques
- 30 € to 60 € per person
- Children with chaperon from the age of 5
Embark on a catamaran experience
With Maestro Croisières
Enjoy an amazing excursion on board a comfortable catamaran and explore the beauty of Saint-Quay-Portrieux’s coastline. The catamaran is stable, spacious, and extremely safe, therefore, if you are prone to seasickness, or if you appreciate the freedom to move without being squashed, it is the ideal choice for a carefree sailing. Sit back, relax, and keep an eye out for the dolphins!
- Booking required
- Experience duration : 2 to 7 ½ hours
- Covered cockpit and living room to keep you warm, dry, and happy
- 40 € to 120 € per person
- No age requirement
- Those who require mobility assistance should call ahead for guidance
- The catamaran can accommodate up to 12 guests
Getaway to Bréhat
With Vedettes de Bréhat
Set sail to Ile de Bréhat, the Island of Flowers, situated just off the coast from Paimpol, and popular with walkers and cyclists as no cars are allowed on the island. Ferries to the island leave from Saint-Quay-Portrieux twice a week during peak travel period, and everyday from Pointe de l’Arcouest, just outside Paimpol. The ferry crossing only takes about 15 minutes from Paimpol, and 45 minutes from Saint-Quay-Portrieux, although you can also take a boat that travels around the island first before dropping you off.
- Booking required
- Day trip from Saint-Quay-Portrieux from April to September (departure 08:00 a.m. | arrival 6 p.m. in Saint-Quay-Portrieux - 32 €)
- Optional 45 minutes guided boat trip around the archipelago
- Capacity: 150 passengers
- Group rates
- Baby strollers/buggies/prams, can be carried free of charge
- Dogs on a leash accepted (return ticket: 3 €)